Regardless of the season or the occasion, the glass vase is like a chameleon that constantly adapts to your decoration concept. In addition, the glass vase is a very special gift that can be turned into a real eye-catcher in just a few simple steps. Especially natural if you decorate a large glass vase! Do you appreciate good interior design tips and like to be inspired by new styles? Let yourself be inspired by our tips, tricks and advice on new decorative adventures and craft ideas!
Top 7 ideas for decorating a glass vase
A glass vase can be decorated in many different ways. Easter eggs, roses or Christmas tree balls: use the versatility of the glass vase. Decorate according to the season or the festival. But there are many more options and arrangements. All year round, glass vases also look great as planters. We also have ideas for what you can use the glass vase for. Especially when decorating large glass vases, you have several options. Curious; excited? Then have fun reading:
Decorate the glass vase – suitable for the occasion or season
In the course of our lives we experience many important occasions. This includes baptism, confirmation, wedding, birthdays and family celebrations. You can decorate your glass vase for any occasion. No matter how you imagine this special day, the contents of the glass vase can be exchanged as you wish. Be creative. A glass vase gives you the decorative scope you have always wanted. Maybe you like candles, fresh flowers, stones or branches. There are many different ways to stage a glass vase in a stylish way. Different layers are also possible in the glass vase. At festive occasions you want to decorate the glass vase so that it underlines the decoration concept and creates a pleasant atmosphere.
For a seasonal design, however, the decorative elements are clear:
- Spring & Easter: Spring flowers such as tulips, squirrels, Easter eggs, moss and small rabbits or chicks are suitable for decoration. Easter eggs are also classic. For example, choose a white egg, which you skillfully stage in the middle on green moss. Opt for wicker eggs in combination with a white rose or let white tulips bloom from white and brown Easter eggs.
- Summer: Colorful flowers, shells, sand, fruits – everything that reminds you of a holiday is the perfect glass vase decoration!
- Autumn: Foliage, berries, branches and chestnuts, driftwood or autumn flowers like the autumn anemone are ideal. Collect the decorative utensils from nature for your decorative glass vases.
- Winter and Christmas: Artificial snow, pine branches, pine cones and a little glitter sweeten cold days in a glass vase. But you also cannot avoid Christmas tree balls. Use golden Christmas decorations to decorate your glass vase and make it glow.
Decorative glass vases as table decorations
An arrangement of decorative glass vases is particularly wonderful as a stylish eye-catcher on the table. You can adapt the color of the glass vases to match the rest of the table decorations, such as the napkins, coasters, the tablecloth or the tea service. In autumn and winter, for example, darker tones, muted colors and earthy nuances go very well. At Christmas it can be a little more glamor in the form of glitter. In the warm months, you can rely on bright, cheerful color compositions that radiate a good mood. If you place a flower table decoration in the middle of your dining table in the glass, you should make sure that the plants are not too high. You should still be able to see your conversation partner and be able to talk. Now there is nothing standing in the way of decorating the dining room or living room!
Vase decoration in green
Decorate the large glass vase or arrange glass vases together
Looking for a mega eye-catcher? Then you should decorate a large glass vase. Here you should choose particularly long-stemmed flowers or particularly long branches. Also an eye-catcher for decorating a large vase: XL pampas grass! This makes the arrangement very beautiful as a floor vase. Another option is to combine different shapes and sizes of your decorative glass vases. Individual flowers and branches that you distribute on the various glass vases are particularly suitable here.
If you have no flowers at hand or would like to use the home accessories in a more practical way, glass vases can also be easily converted: for storage. In the bathroom you can use a small arrangement of decorative glass vases and a glass bowl for storing brushes and brushes. Always choose an odd number of glass vases, this ensures a coherent picture! Even on the desk, small glass vases are great for organizing pens, scissors, etc.! Small, but at least ten centimeters high, cup-shaped glass vases are perfect here. Even isolated glass vases in angular form can be arranged on the terrace with block candles to create a dream sea of lights.
Decorate decorative glass vases in different colors
Thanks to their transparency, glass vases offer different possibilities to stage colorful flower arrangements and different decorations. It looks very nice, for example, when you place plants in a glass vase and you can see different layers, such as moss, earth and stone. You can also give your glass vases an individual look with colored glass stones. But if you prefer to look for a colored glass vase in a square shape, objects made of smoked glass in the style of the 60s and 70s will score.
Make your decorative glass vases a modern eye-catcher by combining different colors. So that the look still gives a harmonious overall picture, you should only concentrate on glass vases from one color family!
Decorate glass vases in different shapes
Decorative ideas for large glass vases are particularly popular when it comes to effectively decorating flowers on the table or chest of drawers. The vase as a decorative favorite is absolutely in demand, and not just because of its versatility when it comes to decoration. True classics among glass vases and popular design objects are, for example, organically shaped glass vases. But not only expensive designer vases are real eye-catchers, you can also score with table mason jars! It is only important that you observe the shape of the respective glass vase and decorate the flowers appropriately in the glass. In the following we will tell you what to look for when decorating a glass vase in angular, round and oval.
Decorate the glass vase without flowers
You have no idea how to decorate your tall glass vases? You don’t have to fill glass vases with flowers, twigs or branches. Many models are also suitable for other decoration ideas. How about an atmospheric light installation on the balcony or terrace? All you need is a light chain that is powered by batteries and that you can drape in the vase. Finished!
Even as a lantern, glass vases in angular simply look great. With various materials from nature such as wood, sand, shells or stones, you can almost create a small work of art in your square glass vase. What we particularly like about glass vases is that they can be individually equipped depending on the occasion and the season and always shine in a different shine.
Frequently asked questions when decorating a glass vase
A round glass vase can be beautifully decorated with compact and bound bouquets. An autumnal bouquet of flowers in bright colors is also very stylish in a bulbous glass vase. Large leaves that you put inside the vase look modern and provide an exotic look. Fill the vase with water and place a bright floating candle on the surface.
4 tips: from simple glass to beautiful vase
- Decorate your glass vases from the inside with simple means and give them a spectacular look. You don’t even need a lot of material for the small makeover. Only a little creative skill is required here.
- Is your glass vase not necessarily the most beautiful? Place old glasses in a kraft paper bag labeled with a nice slogan. You can get creative for the saying yourself and sketch it with a white edding on paper.
- Even a banderole made of beautiful wrapping paper makes every glass vase look much more attractive in an instant. Everything that you like and that matches the rest of the table decoration is allowed here. Wrapping paper, which you also wrap with bast and decorate on a lace doily, is particularly beautiful.
- And another tip from us: Simply transform glass bottles you no longer need into beautiful vases – with our DIY guide! Make your own upcycling vase by tinkering with a bottle.