The days are getting longer, the temperature is rising and the balcony season is now open! There you can spend cozy hours, enjoy the sun or read a good book. But should your balcony decoration be rather cheap? Then find out in our guide how to design the balcony – with little money.
That shouldn’t be missing: Design the balcony decoration cheaply
Limit your balcony furnishings to the basics. For this you need a comfortable seating area, a small table for drinks and snacks as well as some decoration that increases well-being. Even with cheap balcony equipment, comfort must not be neglected. It is best to arrange some pillows in the same or different sizes. This not only pleases the eye, but also the back. Plus: Of course, plants shouldn’t be missing! This means that nothing stands in the way of lingering and relaxing on your balcony for hours!
Candles and lanterns
pillows and blankets
More inspiration for balcony decorations cheap
Balcony design: creative balcony ideas for your outdoor area
Cheap balcony decorations do not always have to be dreary! Colorful accessories make your outdoor area look summery and ensure a good mood. Some plants in decorative flower pots, carpets and fairy lights with warm white light turn your balcony into a cozy favorite place. Et voilà – summer can come, with a balcony decoration in a cheaper version!
DIY: cheap balcony decoration with pallets
What would a balcony be without a comfortable seat? Home-made balcony furniture made from wooden pallets is trendy and ideal for the small budget. In addition, the wood looks even more charming when it fades somewhat over time due to the weather. Plus: With beautiful pillows, the pallets become a decorative object!
- Step: Choose wooden pallets in the size you want. If you do not meet your expectations, you can adjust them accordingly with a jigsaw.
- Step: Connect the backrest to the seat with long screws and a cordless screwdriver or hammer.
- Step: In the next step, sand the surfaces with a manual or electric grinding machine. This will prevent you from injuring yourself or the fabric of your pillows getting caught in it.
- Step: Now it’s all about comfort: equip the wooden pallets with upholstered seat cushions or rectangular floor cushions. To cushion the back, choose small and large pillows.
With these plant hacks, the balcony works with little money
Even if your balcony decoration should be cheap – many types of plants are a manageable investment that is worthwhile and the selection is diverse. There is the ideal balcony plant for south or north balconies and a small or large outdoor area.
- For the south balcony: Opt for Mediterranean plants such as geranium, oleander, thyme and sage. You can even use the latter in the kitchen if necessary!
- For the north balcony: Snowflake flowers, liver balm and hard-working lieschen make an effort to thrive on a shady balcony. Perennial plants like these are particularly robust and do not require sunlight to give you pleasure for a long time.
With a large balcony, olive or orange trees remind you of your last vacation in the Mediterranean. If you have less space available, hanging baskets are a space-saving solution as a balcony decoration. Just like flower boxes that you can attach to the railing.
Balcony decoration and privacy: cover the railing cheaply
A privacy screen not only makes you feel better, it also looks great! Because you can buy it cheaply in various materials and colors to match your balcony decoration. Natural materials in particular result in a beautiful outdoor look:
- Bark wood
A sunshade, which is available in many variants, offers additional privacy and a balcony decoration. Do you like it tropical? Then we recommend a Hawaii parasol.
DIY: Upcycling balcony pots
Or: the DIY flower pot
Inexpensive and tasteful: Our most beautiful balcony furniture in check
You can design the balcony with little money even if you do not manufacture the furniture yourself, but instead rely on inexpensive offers.
- Tables chairs: A nice, practical and affordable solution is a seating group made of coated metal. Because it doesn’t take up much space and can be quickly folded up when you don’t need it. It also goes with every style in classic white, taupe or gray. In a warm wood tone, it complements the balcony in a country house or relaxed shabby chic style.
- Lounge area: Would you like to make yourself comfortable, but do not want to buy expensive lounge furniture? Then some bean bags are ideal! Simply perfect for the modern balcony.
- Balcony decoration cheap: Here’s a little trick with a big impact! Don’t you find the floor of your balcony particularly beautiful? Then simply hide it under beautiful wooden tiles or decorate it with a small carpet. A fluffy parasol that picks up on the color of your accessories protects against sun exposure and provides pure summer feeling.
Whether you have a small, large, south-facing or shady balcony: With our ideas for balcony design, your balcony is well prepared for the warm season. And without big investments! Because you’d rather invest the money in cool drinks and snacks, which you will enjoy there. One more reason to look forward to the coming summer!